SLOW GRIND FEVER : Volume 3 - Adventures In The Sleazy World
Being a part time dj whose fave musical period is the decade between 1953 and 1963 one can dig forever in a bottomless pit of great danceable uptempo tunes.
Even after years and years of bringing new and exciting tunes to light there still are new finds every day who fill the dancefloors around the world for fans young and old.
We're talking Rhythm'n'Blues and the phase in the early 60s when it morphed into Soul (now called New Breed), as well as the genre that nowadays is labeled Popcorn - a midtempo style with a high groove-factor that was created in Belgium (of all places).
Of course, when filling the box for a dj night one selects the fast and highly danceable stuff and maybe a few slower tunes to send people home in the morning. The Slow Grind Fever series was created after stumbling over a clubnight in Australia via the internet: "Melbourne's only slow dance party, where they play the slowest, spookiest, sweetest records they can find, and folks dance real slow in a haze of smoke and dim red light." Well, what a concept!
The Soundcloud-mixes the three dj's posted pretty quickly convinced the Stag-O-Lee chief that this is very exciting and after a few mails with the guys who run the Melbourne night the Slow Grind Fever series was born.
Side A :
01. The Notes : Cha Jezebel
02. The El Torros : Yellow Hand
03. Eddie Cooley & The Dimples ; Driftwood
04. Isley Brothers with Ray Ellis Orchestra : Teach Me How To Shimmy
05. Donna Dee : Nobody's Gonna Hurt You
06. Charlie Williams : Playin Guitar And Missin You
07. Henry Thome : Wolf Bait
Side B :
01. Bob Lee : Wanted For Questioning
02. Little Willie John : Young Girl
03. Elizabeth Waldo : Balsa Boat
04. Bobby Rebel : Valley Of Tears
05. Jessie Hill : My Love
06. The Flamingos : I Only Have Eyes For You
07. Jimmy Scott : Home