HOOCHIE KOO, THE : Volume 1
It's saturday night in Berlin and the Hoochie Krew is stirring it up. DJ Don Rogall surveys the crowd, takes a sip of beer, and slides a 10" screamer onto the deck.
As the scruffy yowl of a guitar unites with an insistent upbeat, a man in a beret shouts into a mic, speaking in tongues, transported, "Wobedoowop! Do The Camel Twist!" Go-go girls in leopard print bikinis undulate to the wail of a sax.
A sultry showgirl appears like a mirage and peels off a crystal-crusted glove to whistles and whoops. It's a juke joint, a barrel house, an alternate time and dimension, with the whole room flailing in giddy unison, spirited into that raw, earthy, elemental rhythm.
That is the Hoochie Koo.
This is the first volume in the Hoochie Koo series. The soundtrack to Berlin's best club
01.The Satintones : Foot Stompin' Time
02. Clem Sacco : Oh Mama, Voglio L'Uovo Alla Coque
03.The Coasters : Wild One
04. The Sherwoods : Monkey See, Monkey Do
05. Hoochie Krew : Mr. Hoochie Koo
01. Hoochie Krew : Wobedoowop
02. Hoochie Krew : Chaingang Boogie
03. Roger King Mozian : Desert Dance Twist
04. The Latins : Habibi Twist
05. Robot : Metamorphosis