MONSTER-O-RAMA : Vol. 2
It would take demented El Vidocq no less than two years of accursed fiddling to perfect this 'Monster-O-Rama Vol. 2', a flagship compilation for the Jukebox Music Factory.
As a sinister intro, The Moontrekkers' damned ditty 'Night Of The Vampire' diffuses a bone-chilling mist and the stage is set... Baron Deamon's frigid surf riffs send shivers up the spine, while the freakish doo-wop by Hollywood Flames is frankly Frankensteinian... rockabilly, twist, r'n'r, cha-cha (Renato Rascel) and even cryptal calypso with the otherworldly 'Zombie Jamboree' by Harold (Digby) McNair... Lugubrious laughter and shrieks of terror punctuate this sonorous Styx of twisted themes, rare gems and audacious mixes.
But this horrific compilation is also a real beaut, sporting a superb jacket signed Jampur Fraize. All the morbid morsels, for the most part resurrected from long forgotten graves, haven't lost their certain putrid something even after all these years.
The Cramps' Lux and Ivy found them atrociously perfect for their collection, as do we. Happy Halloween!
01. The Moontrekkers : Night Of The Vampire
02. Baron Daemon : Ghost Guitars
03. Hollywood Flames : Frankenstein's Den
04. Merv Griffin : House Of Horrors
05. Renato Rascel : Dracula Cha-Cha
06. Harold (Digby) McNair : Zombie Jamboree
07. Screaming Lord Sutch : She's Fallen In Love With The Monster Man
08. Jack & Jim : Midnight Monsters Hop
01. The Duponts : Screamin' Ball (At Dracula Hall)
02. The Idols : The Prowler
03. Bill Buchanan : The Night Before Halloween
04. Lord Rockingham's XI : Lord Rockingham Meets The Monster
05. The Mark IV : Dante's Inferno
06. The Starlighters : Creepin'
07. Joe Johnson : Gila Monster
08. The Wild Tones : Martian Band