MAMBO, CHA-CHA-CHA & CALYPSO : Volume 3
El Vidocq pursues his 'Mambo, Cha-Cha-Cha & Calypso' voyage with this third, vitamin-D-rich ensemble: 'Blues Session'.
Following in the footsteps of the feminine first volume and insane second ensemble, he here explores the rawest roots of this warm, sun-drenched music.
What a delight to discover these groovy tunes from the '50s and '60s uniquely fusing R'n'B, rock'n'roll and blues.
Memphis Slim, Johnny Otis and other legends here loosen up to welcome exotic south-of-the-border influences.
Noro Morales and his piano return to their sunny roots, while Sir Lancelot's voice accompanies a beach bonfire and Eddie Bo declares his love for island melodies...
We share with you an austral archipelago of ageless charms!
01. The Charms : Mambo Sh-mambo
02. Eddie Bo : We Like Mambo
03. The Charioteers : Don't Play No Mambo
04. Larry Ligett : Perdido Mambo
05. Les Brown : They Were Doing The Mambo
06. Pedro J. Belisarion : Merengue Tropical
07. Johnny Otis Orchestra : Mambo Boogie
08. The Rockin' Rebels : Wild Weekend Cha Cha
01. Johnny Pate Combo : Cha Cha Blues
02. The Eternals : Rock'n Roll Cha Cha
03. Sir Lancelot : Karange
04. Noro Morales & His Orchestra : Mississippi Mambo
05. The Harp-Tones : Mambo Boogie
06. Memphis Slim : Guitar Cha Cha Cha
07. John Greer : We Wanna See Santa Do The Mambo
08. Dave Barbour & His Orchestra : Guitar Mambo